Friday, 26 April 2013

Roberto Mancini: Manchester City must move quickly in market


Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says the club must move quickly to buy players if they are to win the Premier League next season.
Rivals Manchester United won the title with a 3-0 win over Aston Villa on Monday, leaving City 16 points behind.
"You should move very quickly. We didn't do this last year," admitted 48-year-old Mancini.
"We moved so slowly. We lost the players that were our targets to improve our team."
Earlier this month, Mancini questioned the club's transfer policy, commenting: "I think we had the chance to win another Premier League if we worked well last summer but we didn't."
Play media

Man City 
With five games left in the league, City are five points ahead of third-placed Arsenal with a game in hand.
"I think that when you build your team you need to start like in this case, in the end of this championship. We have time, but not a lot of time. We should have our targets in mind," the Italian added.
On Manchester United's 20th title victory, Mancini said: "United have more attitude than us, as a club, as a team. We had big problems with players injured.
"They did better than us, they won a lot of games in a row, it was really difficult."
City have the chance to win silverware for the third successive season when they face Wigan in the FA Cup final on 11 May.

Man City Transfer News: Scott Sinclair Will Leave Unless Roberto Mancini Is Sacked










Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair will seek a move away from the club this summer having started just two games all season for the former Premier League champions.


The England international is growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of first team action at the Etihad and could look into a loan move at the end of the season, with the likes of Everton, Aston Villa and West Brom all thought to be interested in the former Swansea star.


However, the 24-year old is prepared to stay in Manchester and fight for his place in City’s starting xi, but only if manager Roberto Mancini is sacked by the deposed champions.


Having fallen out of favour with the Italian, Sinclair does not see an immediate future for himself in Manchester, and though he does not want to leave the club permanently, he could still move out on loan to get some valuable playing time in the hope that he can rebuild his brand.


Sinclair signed a four-year deal at the Etihad last summer but he has struggled ever since with David Silva, Samir Nasri and James Milner all ahead of him in the pecking order.


He could join one of Everton, Aston Villa or West Brom at the end of the season, with the trio of Premier League clubs each vying for his signature.


Read more at http://whatculture.com/sport/man-city-transfer-news-scott-sinclair-will-leave-unless-roberto-mancini-is-sacked.php#0FrqCrCoPu1bs7X3.99

Man City to Launch £80m Summer Spending Spree : Tottenham Wing Wizard and La Liga Pair Top of Mancini Wish - List





Etihad Stadium side mean business!

Man City boss Roberto Mancini will be handed significant funds to improve his Etihad Stadium squad this summer with a trio of top talents on the Italian’s £80m wish-list according to the Manchester Evening News.

Mancini believes that Man City’s failure to snap up Robin Van Persie last summer cost the Etihad Stadium side the title and will be keen to avoid a similar mistake when the transfer window re-opens.

However Roberto Mancini has already seen one target, Mario Gotze, clinch a move to Bayern Munich and it looks increasingly likely that Man City will miss out on Edinson Cavani, who looks primed and ready to move to PSG.





Mancini has also set his sights on young Spaniard Isco, who is considered by most as one of Europe’s most impressive young talents. The Malaga man helped his side secure a Champions League berth in his first season at the club and has been even more effective this term, growing into a consistent goal-scoring midfielder who has proven himself at the highest level.

Malaga may be forced to sell the Spanish international as they have been banned from competing in the Champions League next term and could see such a sale as a way of balancing the books. The 20 year old may be keen on a move to the Premier League though interest from either of La Liga’s ‘Big Two’ may be more tempting for the former Valencia man.





Mancini will look to lure Colombian international Radamel Falcao to Man City as he looks to strengthen an attack that has struggled for form for periods of the current campaign.

The former FC Porto man has enjoyed a hugely successful season, during which he has helped Diego Simeone’s side to mount a genuine challenge to the dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid, indeed the Vicente Calderon side sit just three points behind Jose Mourinho’s side with a home game against their city rivals still to play.

Falcao has netted 49 goals in 63 La Liga matches since his move to Spain and may well be on his way this summer.

Mancini will look to offset such moves by offloading a number of his squad with the likes of Edin Dzeko and Kolo Toure and with the added bonus of big earners Wayne Bridge and Roque Santa Cruz being out of contract in the summer leaving more room for expected additions.




The biggest name of Mancini’s wish-list comes in the form of Tottenham winger Gareth Bale, who is no doubt on the radar’s of all of Europe’s ‘Elite’. The 23 year old would cost a big sum and is perhaps more likely to leave White Hart Lane if Andre Villas-Boas’s side fail to secure a Champions League berth.

Bale has been in excellent form this season, scoring 18 Premier League goals and proving a real handful in the process. Real Madrid are also said to be keen on the former Southampton man but Tottenham will try their hardest to keep hold of the youngster.

Kolo’s dig at Mancini



Read more:

KOLO TOURE has aimed a parting shot at Roberto Mancini for never giving him a proper chance at Manchester City.The 32-year-old former Arsenal defender looks certain to leave the Etihad this summer as his contract is due to expire.He has started only 25 games in the last two seasons for City since returning from a drug ban.The Ivorian believes his efforts in training were not rewarded by Mancini, who has stood by his first-choice pairing of Vincent Kompany and Matija Nastasic when possible.Toure said: “The last two years have been really tough for me. I haven’t had a lot of games and was working really hard every day. The only chance I got to play was when someone was injured.“Now I just want to go somewhere to play football and the competition will be right.“If I play and someone is better than me, then play him. But if I am better than somebody, I want to play as well.“I am 32 and want to keep playing for a long time like Giggs or Scholes.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4903785/Kolo-Toure-dig-at-Roberto-Mancini-before-Man-City-exit.html#ixzz2RYFC0LJF

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4903785/Kolo-Toure-dig-at-Roberto-Mancini-before-Man-City-exit.html#ixzz2RYFC0LJF